。。。。。。。。。。Photobucket 。。。。。。。。。。

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Macarons.. you just amazed me..

Hey guys, haven't been blogging for like a week =D As usual, pretty busy with studying and also am feeling sick at the moment.. sore throat's getting a little bit better, just annoyed with every 30 secs of coughing.. Went to the library to study today... hesitate a while thinking if I should go, coz afraid that my coughing would annoy some students, furthermore, I loved going to the silent zone to study.. But.. yeah I did went in the end.. hehe it was ok.. I didn't cough as much compare to when I was at home.. hehe I guess its the throat that's trying hard to control itself .. HEHE

I finally tried to do macarons today.. OMG! This is really a challenging dessert for me.. As it is my first time making them, struggled a bit, though I had done some research of recipes and techniques, when it comes to the real thing, you'll take back your words for saying " It looks easy! I also can make lor!". Practice makes perfect! That's the key thing that should always be remembered =) First try, I made it with my housemate as she always complains that I never bake with her, or never teach her how to bake.. hehe.. The almond meal is sooo expensive! cost like $10 for 400g.. gosh >.< I failed the first batch of macarons.. Was bit sad actually.. Consistency wasn't right, therefore the mixture didn't form nice circles on its own.. My first thought was, maybe there was too much air in the mixture.. 

Wasn't satisfied with it, so I try again after a while.. made my 2nd batch of the night.. Mixture now seems more glossy and I've knocked out some of the air bubbles in the egg whites.. As compared to my first batch, I hadn't really knock out most of the air.. so I thought the mixture shouldn't be overmix.. so I just gently incorporate the almond meal with the egg whites.. therefore consistency was bit lumpy.. As I piped out my 2nd batch, I noticed consistency wasn't still quite there.. I've just learned my mistake..  Keypoint no.1: Mix quickly when combining the almond meal mixture to the egg white..  Knocking out most of the air.. yet still leaving some on the mixture.. no.2: Must always test a little of the mixture to see if consistency is right,ensuring it forms ribbon-like consistency and blends into the mixture after a few seconds.. Hmm other than that, oh.. best to use piping nozzles when piping out the mixture, unlike what I did, I just cut the tip of the piping bag.. and so that explains the weird shape which I'm getting when its being piped out.. At first when I piped it out, it was like " waoo! so round!" after a while, you can see all the weird shapes coming out le >.< Alright's enough of my experience with macaron for now.. Can't wait to try making them again.. maybe after my exams bah =) 

Dear just quitted his job at the restaurant few days ago.. He's now helping out his Dad with his business.. I thought Dear could relax a bit after that horribly long hours of work at the restaurant.. but apparently, I was wrong.. =( Work for him now seems to be more busier and  is more labour intensive..  Well I just hope things will soon start to go smoother for him.. =) Don't want my Dear so xing ku .. hehe..Shall end here for now =) 

Dear, wait for me,
I will be home very soon<3
Love you! ^^
Won't stop doing what I love..=)
Signing off<3

No comments:

Post a Comment